Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Everyday Makeup Look

   When it comes to every day makeup I try to go as natural as I possibly can while still trying to add a little bit of sass. I think its very important to enhance your best facial quality with makeup every day. Its best to embrace and highlight the things you love about your self and one way to do that is through the use of makeup!
  My facial feature I personal think is my best is my eyes, so whenever I put on makeup I like to make them stand out by using a black liquid liner and really going wild with the mascara. Since I have dark blue eyes and dark features in general I like to use black liner and mascara. One way to find if you should use black or brown liner or mascara is to look carefully at your facial features. Start by studying your lashes natural color in the mirror, are they naturally dark or are they a light brown or even blonde? If they're naturally dark you are definitely going to want to use a black mascara. If they're a light brown you might try using a dark brown mascara and if they're blonde try a brown mascara. This is an important thing to know if your looking for a natural look. Now for eye shadow I tend to stick to browns and golds as they are the most flattering to blue eyes and tend to look the most natural. For all you ladies with brown eyes your best colors for a natural look are hints of silver or even a simple light purple, and for you green eye beauties I suggest  a taupe or smokey gray. Always make sure to apply highlights of shadow in the inner corners of your eyes and upper brow bone to add extra dimension  and even brighten them up.

  When doing my foundation I like to apply it with a makeup sponge because it really creates and air brush look and an even finish. After my foundation is applied I like to go over it with a light layer of powder just to reduce shine and increase longevity, cause who wants to keep reapplying makeup all day, I know I don't. Next I like to apply a hint of blush to the apples of my cheeks and blend it all the way back to the hair line just above the cheek bone. After blush is applied I start by contouring with bronzer. First I apply the bronzer just under my cheek bones, it helps if you suck in your cheeks and applying the bronzer into the crease that is created when doing this. Then I apply bronzer just under the jaw bone and on the side of my nose (not the top) and add a hint of bronzer to the corners of my forehead near the hairline.  Once Iv'e contoured and applied eye makeup I finish with a subtle lipstick to tie the look together. Today I chose a sweet pink shade. 
   
 Makeup I used: 
  • Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC20
  • Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder
  • NYX Natural Eye Shadow Pallet
  • Nars Blush in Amour
  • Rimmel London Sun Shimmer in Sun Queen
  • L'Oreal Paris Carbon Black Telescopic Liquid Liner
  • Covergirl Lashblast Fusion in Very Black
  • Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Crystal Pink
  • Brushes: Ecotools 

-Leah Montgomery


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com