Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Where I'm At and What Lies Ahead

  I figured that since this is my first blog post I would start by sharing a little bit about what is currently happening in my life and what is to come in the near future.
  I should start by saying that this past year I've learned a lot about myself and I feel so much wiser and confident in who I am than I ever have. These past 12 months have been a beneficial time for me now that I look back. The 19 year old girl I once was seems like a stranger to me. Someone who was trying hard to be something she wasn't and in the end became unhappy and lost.  I found that through this process of getting to know who "I" was I also discovered who my real friends were and I'm so grateful for all of them. I think the biggest thing I learned though was patience.  This has taught me to be okay with the "now" and not worry about what's to come. Living in the present is so important and really takes away from any anxiety that occurs when thinking too far into the future. I found things always seem to work themselves out and there really is no need to worry. Another important thing I learned is optimism. With this amazing skill life can hardly ever bring you down and it's something that I think everyone should learn. Though I'm not living a life that many people would be envious of I can honestly say I wouldn't want it any other way...because it's exactly the way I want to live.
  As of right now I'm living at my family home and going to community college. This is something I never thought I would ever do, but it's been nice to be surrounded by the people who know me best. Though I've really enjoyed this whole living at home thing I'm ready to go back to University. So I'm happy to say I'll be moving to Portland, OR in about two weeks to study business at Portland State University.  I'm excited but I have no clue what to expect. I feel like it will be a good place for me though. These next few days I need to whip out my final papers for the classes I'm currently taking, as well as pack for PSU, and get everything organized for my up and coming departure.
  I think I can finally say I'm ready to head out into this big bad world after this past year. I feel armed and ready to take on what ever life may throw at me.

- Leah Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com